We are delighted to report that ALL our residents and staff have now received their second dose of the vaccine and the Home feels a lot safer. Unlike a lot of other homes we are 100% vaccine compliant and our number one priority remains the safety and well being of everyone living and working in our Care Home.
This is great news for all of us to be able to welcome back more relatives into the Red House because visiting is a central part of care home life and is important for maintaining the quality of life of both residents and their families.
The new guidance sets out the following which all homes, except those with an active outbreak, should seek to enable:
– Every care home resident will now be able to nominate named visitors who will be able to enter the care home for regular visits. These visitors should be tested using lateral flow tests before each visit, must wear PPE and follow all infection control measures during the visit. There will be a limit of 2 visitors at a time to keep safe visiting manageable unless agreed by the Manager or the Deputy manager.
Our indoor Pod visits will continue on a pre-booked basis as before and will last one hour. Should you require an internal visit in our quiet lounge, this will require a booked Pod visit and a negative LFT Covid test. The result takes approximately 20 minutes, but you can visit in the Pod (behind the screen) while you wait.
Now that the weather is improving we are also able to offer social distanced garden visits, which will be on an appointment only basis booked in advance. These are hourly visits at the same intervals and time as the Pod visits, but unfortunately are weather dependent.
Telephone and video calls are still available to all.
As usual to limit risk and enable visits to continue these are the measures in place-:
– All visits must be pre-booked to enable us to manage them safely and ensure the appropriate cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place. These visits must be booked a minimum of 12 hours ahead and will be on a first come first served basis.
– Appropriate PPE and face masks must be worn during any internal visit and hand sanitisers used wherever provided.
– Children under 12 are allowed by prior arrangement.
– A risk assessment will be completed by staff prior to the visit commencing and will include a temperature check. Please report to reception for this to take place prior to your visit.
– Please do not request a visit if you are unwell with any of of the following -:
1) High temperature
2) Persistent cough
3) Loss of taste or smell
It should be noted that any suspected/actual outbreaks of Covid-19 within the Home will mean that visitor restrictions will be immediately implemented and all non-essential visiting will be stopped. Please call the Home prior to your visit to ensure the situation in the service has not changed.
Thank you for your support and understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Red House.